Health insurance plans can seem confusing, but our goal at AllWays Health Partners is to eliminate confusion whenever possible. We aim for on-going transparency so that our members can get the most out of their benefits. In support of this goal, we compiled a helpful list of tips for members to reference when using their health plan throughout the year. Continue reading for a summary of reimbursements, support resources, and programs unique to AllWays Health Partners.
If you're looking to get the most out of your health plan, we encourage all of our members to download our Member app if you haven't already. This is where members can quickly access and reference their ID cards while staying on top of co-pays, co-insurance, and deductibles when applicable. Our member app also features a cost-estimator tool that explains the basics of cost-sharing. In addition to the AllWays Health Partners member app, our members have access to:
Reimbursements and discounts:
- Fitness reimbursement—Varied by plan, this benefit includes qualifying fitness facilities, programs and activities include those that offer cardiovascular, strength training equipment, aerobic, SplitFit, ClassPass memberships, Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, CrossFit, Barre fitness activities, and virtual fitness subscriptions.
- Six free visits for members ages 18 and younger—Included with many plans, we cover a child's first three sick visits with an in-network PCP—and their first three visits with an in-network behavioral health provider.
- Over-the-counter prescription benefit—This benefit either fully covers or lowers the cost when choosing the generic prescription at your pharmacy.
Programs and hotlines:
- Substance Use Treatment Helpline—The Substance Use Treatment Helpline is staffed with highly trained and licensed advocates. An advocate will talk with you about your concerns and your unique situation. They will answer questions, support you in connecting with treatment providers, and help create a personalized treatment plan. You can call the Substance Use Treatment Helpline at the number above or visit liveandworkwell.com/recovery. You can also click to chat from substance use areas on the website. (1-855-780-5955) is available 24 hours a day.
- Peer Recovery coaches—AllWays Health Partners was one of the first health plans in the country to have peer recovery coaches on staff. If you haven't already, meet our peer recovery coaches: Barry Shelton, CARC, CPS, and Chris Bonsall, CARC.
- Nurse advice line—Call the customer service number on the back of your member ID card to contact a Registered Nurse 24/7 to get nursing advice on any subject. There's no limit on calls or emails. Contact them as often as you need. Nurses speak English and Spanish, and translation services are available in other languages. Your call, your health records, and what you discuss with the nurse are all private.
- Quit for Life tobacco cessation program—For more information or to enroll, email email@example.com or call Joan Heselton at 857-282-3096.
- In addition to lactation consulting, our members have access to:
- Special care management for babies and expecting moms
- Childbirth education classes
- Breastfeeding classes
- Discounts on childcare and safety products
Behavioral health resources through Optum
- Optum's public EAP site has a toll free emotional-support line open to anyone, Podcasts, FAQs relevant to COVID (e.g., Grief, Loss, Anxiety, Tips for Parents, etc.), and helpful webinars on working remotely, returning to in-person activities, dealing with traumatic events, getting the best of stress, etc.
- Optum's live and work well site has updated information on behavioral health resources and tools, behavioral health provider directory, child and adolescent behavioral health supports, and virtual visit platform. You can register and sign in as a member or sign in as a guest to browse materials by using allwaysma as your guest login. Some of the resources include:
- Talkspace is a virtual BH provider group that AllWays Health Partners commercial members can access. Talkspace will match members to a provider on the same day and offers asynchronous messaging, video messaging, and real-time audio/video sessions with a therapist. Members can access them directly by going to https://www.talkspace.com/connect and clicking on "get started" under the "use my insurance benefits" section.
- For more resources visit our Behavioral Health page.
Programs offered in partnership with Mass General Brigham:
- iHeart Champion—A personalized heart disease management program at Brigham & Women's hospital that's accessible to members at AllWays Health Partners. iHeart Champion delivers remote patient monitoring and in-person or virtual care options, coordinating PCPs with pharmacies. This program helps patients reduce bad cholesterol, blood pressure, and risk of heart attacks within three to six months and has proven to impact patients' lives positively.
- Path to Lifestyle Change—Path to Lifestyle Change is a two-year diabetes prevention program delivered remotely to patients with prediabetes—and at high risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It is a fully covered benefit for members at AllWays Health Partners who are eligible based on a hemoglobin A1c level in the prediabetes range or a high score on the diabetes risk test.
- Down syndrome Clinic to You (DSC2U)—DSC2U is a virtual-enabled community of national Down syndrome experts and a series of offerings to support families or caregivers in taking care of individuals with Down syndrome. DSC2U provides patients with a personalized health and wellness plan that can be shared with their primary care provider to improve their overall health care journey.